If you Google ‘firewood’ you will find countless different companies offering to deliver logs to your home. But how do you decide which company is best? Here are the top 5 reasons why we think you should chose a Fife based company like ourselves to deliver your firewood:
- We live in Fife too – That means that any money that we make from our small business we spend in Fife. The Kingdom Firewood team are based in Kingskettle, Fife and at the weekends we spend our hard earned cash at places like Muddy Boots, Cairnie Fruit Farm, grabbing coffees at Fayre Earth in Falkland etc. If you choose to get your firewood delivered from one of the many suppliers based down south then that hard earned money that you have spent to purchase the wood is not going to benefit Fife but wherever that company is based.
- You know where to find us – Most businesses expect you to pay for an item before it is delivered. But how often have you ordered something and it went to the wrong address or simply didn’t arrive or it wasn’t the quality that you were expecting? We know that the same thing happens with Firewood and we will hold our hands up to admit that we once delivered logs to the wrong address too (tut tut). However, due to the fact that we are based in Fife we were able to remove the firewood from the wrong address and deliver it to the customers address quickly and efficiently. What happens if the firewood company is based in London? We have heard from several of customers who paid hundreds of pounds for firewood that never appeared and when they tried to contact the companies in question they couldn’t get through on the phone and their emails were not replied to. The Kingdom Firewood team are regularly at Fife Farmers markets and other events around Fife such as Highland Games. Our firewood shed is based just outside Kingskettle so if you ever found that you were having trouble contacting us you would know where to find us.
- It helps to reduce the carbon footprint of the firewood – By choosing a Fife based company to deliver your kiln dried firewood then the wood is travelling a much shorter distance to get to your home. At Kingdom Firewood we pride ourselves on using local suppliers for our hardwood logs. The vast majority of our firewood is grown in the UK (the only exception is in times of supply crisis) and all our firewood is cut, kiln dried and split at our suppliers lumber yards in Dundee and Perth. The firewood is then driven less than 50 miles to our base in Kingskette, Fife then delivered to your door on our delivery van. The complete number of miles that our firewood has to travel from forest to your home will be considerably less than any of the non-Fife based companies. One of the main reasons for this is that almost every firewood company selling kiln dried logs by the crate source their wood from Eastern Europe. The wood is cut, dried and split in Eastern Europe and the crates are then shipped to the UK, delivered to the suppliers and redistributed to customers via pallet lorries.
- We support other Fife businesses – All our branded clothing is made in Fife at Name Droppers in Cowdenbeath. Our marketing materials are made in Leven at Levenmouth printers. Our website photographer, Leanna Tanner Photography, is based in Fife as is the person who branded our vehicle, the mechanics we use etc. We use other Fife based businesses in all of our giveaway promotions such as The Bonnybank Inn and Muddy Boots.
- We love Fife – Having grown up in the beautiful village of Falkland then leaving for a number of years to live elsewhere we truly appreciate all that Fife has to offer. From the sprawling Lomond hills to the beautiful coastal walks of the East Neuk. The rich history of the many villages and the many great minds that Fife has produced such as Adam Smith and Andrew Carnegie make Fife a place to be proud of and we love living here as I’m sure you do.